PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING TERMS, CONDITIONS AND DISCLAIMERS CAREFULLY BEFORE YOU [hereinafter “You” or “User”] USE THIS Tata InnoVerse WEBSITE (this "Site").
Agreement between User and Group Innovation, Tata Sons Private Limited [hereinafter referred to as “GIO”].
By accessing or using this Site or a sub-domain of this Site [a “Tata-linked Site”], You [or “User”] agree to these terms and conditions, and the terms and conditions on the relevant Tata-linked Site, and all applicable laws. Thus you shall, by accessing or using a Tata-linked Site be subject to these terms and conditions as well as the terms and conditions on that Tata-linked Site
Please note that Users cannot propose solutions for challenges published on Tata InnoVerse website or a Tata-linked Site, without being registered.
You agree that when you register and/or when you act upon any invitation or scheme provided in this Site, the additional terms and conditions attached to registration and/or such invitation or scheme, or on a Tata-linked Site would apply in addition to these Terms and Conditions. In the event that any of the terms and conditions, contained herein conflict with the additional conditions contained within any particular scheme or invitation, then the additional conditions shall prevail.
We reserve the right to change the terms, conditions, and notices under which this Site is offered, and we may seek fees and charges for access and use thereof. Therefore, you agree to regularly review these terms and conditions to know and understand the prevailing terms and conditions.
Below are the definitions of a few terms that you will come across in various Terms & Conditions and FAQ section on the site.
- Tata InnoVerse: Tata InnoVerse is the Open Innovation (OI) program for Tata companies. It is centrally facilitated by GIO using this Site and/or one or more Tata-linked Sites. One of the main objectives of the program is to engage with experts, innovators, scientists, start-ups and academics etc., to solve certain pre-identified challenges faced by Tata companies.
- Group innovation (GIO): The Group Innovation Office (GIO) of Tata Sons Pvt Ltd is responsible, among other things, for the operation and handling of Tata InnoVerse website and related activities. GIO acts as a facilitator between the Seeker and the User or Solver.
- Tata company: Tata company referred in this document is any Tata company which is part of Tata group companies visit www.tata.com for more information.
- Seeker: A Seeker is a Tata company that presents a Challenge on Tata InnoVerse website or on a Tata-Linked Site for seeking solutions to the same.
- Challenge: A challenge is a problem statement for which the Seeker is seeking solutions. A Challenge may be posted on this Site or on a Tata-linked Site. Any reference to a Challenge shall therefore mean a Challenge posted on this Site or on a Tata-linked Site.
- Site or Website: Unless specifically specified, the term Site or Website refers to the Tata InnoVerse website, i.e. www.tatainnoverse.com and all its sub-domains, which is maintained and operated by GIO for publishing Challenges and inviting solutions, on behalf of the Seeker.
- Tata Linked site: All sub-domains of www.tatainnoverse.com which are managed by the respective Tata companies
- User & Registered User: Any individual who visits the website and does not register or submit solutions is a User. Any individual who registers on the Tata InnoVerse website (including sub-domains) is a Registered User who agrees to be bound by the additional terms and conditions in Part 2 below.
- Solver: Any Registered User of Tata InnoVerse website who submits a Proposed Solution to one or more Challenges published on this website (including sub-domains), either in individual capacity or as a team or on behalf of an entity is a Solver and agrees to be bound by the additional terms and conditions in Part 3 below.
- Proposed Solution: Every response submitted by a Solver with respect to one of the Challenges published on Tata InnoVerse website is referred to as a Proposed Solution.
- Solution Acceptance Criteria (SAC): For every Challenge, there are a set of requirements explained in the Challenge description. Any Proposed Solution should essentially fulfil these requirements.
- Proof of Concept (PoC): PoC would be achieved if either of the following two conditions are met:
- The Proposed Solution is satisfactorily demonstrated to the Seeker(s) fulfilling the requirements stated in the SAC. Partial fulfilment could also be accepted as PoC, at the sole discretion of the Seeker(s), provided the Solver gives the assurance that all unfulfilled requirements of SAC will be achieved by him/her in a time-frame that is mutually accepted between Solver and Seeker(s).
- Proposed Solution submitted by Solver is formally approved by the Seeker(s). In such cases, the proposed solution in the form of a theoretical solution, its working principle, the detailed project plan, challenges and risks. should be submitted on the website and approved by the Seeker.
- Reward money: The Reward Money refers to the cost of acquisition of the Solution proposed by the Solver. The grant of a Reward is at the sole discretion of the Seeker and will be subject to various conditions including meeting the requirements of SAC, licensing of the associated intellectual property rights to the Seeker & execution of agreements, as prescribed by Seeker.
- Partial Reward money: In situations where the proposed solution partially meets the requirements of SAC but the Seeker agrees to implement the solution, partial reward money could be offered. The amount will be decided based on mutual agreement between Solver and Seeker. All the other conditions of Reward money will be applicable in such situations also.
Use of Website; Restrictions and Limitations.
Unless otherwise specified, this Site is offered:
- Without any right to modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer, or sell any information, software, products or services or other work available, displayed or accessible on this Site
- Subject to the conditions mentioned herein, from time to time and/or related to specific materials herein, without any right to display, electronically copy, download and print hard copy portions of such specific materials on this Site.
You agree not to engage in:
- Illegal acts including, without limitation, impersonation, hacking, phishing or any other acts which could hinder the use of or access to the [www.tatainnoverse.com] website by its users or which could lead to damage to the data, property or assets of any person
- Harassment in any manner or form on this Site
- Accessing or using the Site if you are a minor (those under 18 years of age, or other age-based criterion prescribed under applicable law), or an individual or an organization that cannot form legally binding contracts under applicable law. If you do not qualify, please do not use the Site. If you reside in a country that is prohibited by law, regulation, treaty or administrative act from entering into trade relations with India or its citizens, you may not use this Site
- All content in this Site, such as text, design, graphics, graphical or other interfaces, or diagrams is copyrighted work that belongs solely and exclusively to GIO or its licensors. All trademarks, service marks, and trade names (collectively the "Marks") are trademarks or registered trademarks of GI or its licensors.
- Notice of any alleged IPR infringement or other IPR related issues should be sent to GIO at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Links to third-party sites, if any, on this Site do not belong to GIO and such sites are not controlled or endorsed by [and may not be affiliated to] GIO. User agrees to use or access such sites at their own risk and abide by any terms and conditions and policies of such sites.
- GIO makes no warranties or representations about the accuracy or completeness of this Site's content or the content of any site to which a link is provided on this Site.
You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold Tata Sons Pvt. Ltd, its officers, directors, employees, agents, licensors and suppliers, other users of the [www.tatainnoverse.com] website (collectively the "Indemnified persons") harmless from and against all losses, expenses, damages and costs, that may be suffered by the Indemnified persons, including reasonable attorneys' fees, resulting from any violation of any terms and conditions or any activity related to your Internet account) (including negligent or wrongful conduct) or any third party claim/action/proceedings including but not limited to those relating to breach of intellectual property rights or confidentiality, by You or any other person accessing the Site using your Internet account.
Your use of this Site shall be governed in all respects by the laws of India, without regard to conflict of laws principles thereof.
GIO makes no representation that materials in the Site are appropriate or available for use in other locations, and access to them from territories where such content is illegal and/or prohibited. Those who choose to access this Site from locations outside India do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with applicable local/country laws. You may not use or export the materials in violation of applicable export laws and regulations. Any claim relating to the materials shall be governed by the laws of India.
These terms and conditions are applicable to you upon your accessing the Site or completing the registration. These terms and conditions, or any of them, may be modified or terminated by GIO without prior notice at any time for any reason. Any changes will be immediately posted on the Website and you are deemed to have accepted the changed terms on your first use of the Website following the alterations. The provisions relating to Intellectual Property Rights, Disclaimers, Limitation of Liability, Indemnification, Applicable Laws, Arbitration and General, shall survive any termination.
By using this Site, you agree that any disputes arising from the use of this Site, or these Terms and Conditions concerning or, including disputes arising from or concerning their interpretation, violation, nullity, invalidity, non-performance or termination, as well as disputes about filling gaps in this contract or its adaptation to newly arisen circumstances, shall be referred to arbitration under Arbitration & Conciliation Act, 1996 and any amendment thereof (“Act”). The arbitration shall be conducted by a sole arbitrator mutually appointed by the Parties. In the event Parties are unable to agree on the arbitrator appointment within 30 days from the first notice of arbitration, the process for appointment of arbitrator under the Act shall be followed. The venue of arbitration shall be Mumbai and language of arbitration shall be English.
No information on this site shall constitute any invitation to invest in any Tata company.
THIS SITE AND THE MATERIALS, INFORMATION, SERVICES, AND PRODUCTS IN THIS SITE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, TEXT, GRAPHICS, AND LINKS, ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE PURSUANT TO APPLICABLE LAW, GIO DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, FREEDOM FROM COMPUTER VIRUS, AND WARRANTIES ARISING FROM COURSE OF DEALING OR COURSE OF PERFORMANCE. GIO DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT THE FUNCTIONS CONTAINED IN THE SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THIS SITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES THE SITE AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. GTIO DOES NOT MAKE ANY WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE OF THE MATERIALS IN THIS SITE IN TERMS OF THEIR COMPLETENESS, CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, ADEQUACY, USEFULNESS, TIMELINESS, RELIABILITY OR OTHERWISE. THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
Limitation of Liability
IN NO EVENT SHALL TATA SONS PVT. LTD. OR ANY AFFILIATES OF TATA SONS PVT. LTD. BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY OR CONSEQUENTIAL, DAMAGES, OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, EVEN IF THEY HAVE BEEN PREVIOUSLY ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, WHETHER IN AN ACTION UNDER CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, OR ANY OTHER THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE, INABILITY TO USE, OR PERFORMANCE OF THE INFORMATION, SERVICES, PRODUCTS, AND MATERIALS AVAILABLE FROM THIS SITE. THESE LIMITATIONS SHALL APPLY NOTWITHSTANDING ANY FAILURE OF ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OF ANY LIMITED REMEDY.
Group Innovation, Tata Sons.
Bombay House, 24,
Homi Mody Street,
400001 Mumbai, India.
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING TERMS, CONDITIONS AND DISCLAIMERS CAREFULLY BEFORE REGISTERING ON TATA INNOVERSE WEBSITE (this "Site"). These are additional Terms & Conditions that are applicable over and above those in Part 1.
Agreement between Registered User And Group Innovation, Tata Sons Private Limited [ hereinafter referred to as GIOI].
These terms and conditions [the “Terms and Conditions”] will protect the interest of all parties involved in the process of Tata InnoVerse. You need to agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions in order to register on the Tata InnoVerse website.
If you do not agree to these terms you may click “NO” at the bottom of this document.
You agree not to engage in:
- Uploading any content that could be considered to be deceptive, misleading, abusive, offensive, illegal, defamatory, obscene, fraudulent, libellous, threatening, invasive of privacy or publicity rights or otherwise objectionable or is or is likely to be in violation of any law or to infringe the rights [including intellectual property rights] of another person or which may constitute or encourage a criminal offense, violate the rights of any party or otherwise give rise to liability.
- Uploading commercial content on this Site or using this Site to solicit others to join or become members of any other commercial online service or other organization.
- Accessing or using the Site if you are a minor (those under 18 years of age, or other age-based criterion under applicable law), or an individual or an organization that cannot form legally binding contracts under applicable law. If you do not qualify, please do not use the Site. If you reside in a country that is prohibited by law, regulation, treaty or administrative act from entering into trade relations with India or its citizens, you may not use this Site.
You acknowledge and agree that:
- Any information or material posted on or provided to this Site by a Registered User will be considered as non-confidential. GIO will be free to use, copy, share, publish, distribute or otherwise deal with such information or materials for the purposes of (a) evaluating the information and material for the purposes of selection of the most suitable solution for implementation and (b) sharing the information and material with third parties for the purpose mentioned above. GIO owes no fiduciary duty (including any duty of fair use or diligence) towards You or any User with respect to use of information or materials posted by You on the Site, except as otherwise specified in these terms and conditions and hereby disclaims any liability in this connection.
- You shall be responsible for the security of your password for accessing this website. We accept no responsibility for any misuse of the password by you or any other person.
- GIO cannot and does not control the solutions posted on this Site and hence cannot be held responsible for these. Hence, you alone are responsible for the solution posted by you on this Site.
- You undertake that all content (including any files or other documents) that you upload on the [www.tatainnoverse.com and its sub-domains] website shall be free of viruses or other harmful content and no information/material/document which is provided by You on this website or otherwise to GIO or any of its affiliate in relation to a Challenge posted on this Site, shall: (i) breach any third party rights including Copyright, Intellectual property rights and/or confidentiality obligations; and (ii) breach export control laws of any relevant jurisdiction. You also undertake that you will not provide any information which you are prohibited/restricted from disclosing (whether under law, contract or otherwise) and that all information provided by you will be capable of being used by GIO and the relevant Tata companies pursuant to/under the Challenge posted on the Site.